Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF: end of a busy week!

This has been such a busy week for me!  Normally my weeks are kind of slow, not much going on and not much leaving the house, but this one...whew!  Glad it is Friday!!

The silent auction on my Facebook page to clear out some inventory went well.  Glad to be making some room on Etsy so I can get some Valentine's Day stuff listed.  Put more items on sale on Etsy and created a whole new section just for Valentine's Day (this link should take you right to it:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DirtyGirlDiamonds?section_id=10643100).  Everything in there is heart shaped or has to do with love and romance.  A word to all you men out there trying to figure out what to get your love for V Day...women love jewelry!  And nothing shows more thought than something that was handmade (even if by someone else) or custom made just for her. 

Speaking of custom made, this week has been busy with custom pieces.  One I still have to finish but two are done and on their way.  This is one that was made that I have to admit, I absolutely love!  This is going to be a gift for a very lucky lady on her birthday and is a 34.12 carat genuine amethyst:

Talk about a stunner!  I hope she loves it too!!
Then there was this necklace that I made.  Sunstone and a sun face on silver plate.  Really turned out nicely and matches perfectly the earrings that were won in the Pet Helpers silent auction:
I love doing custom work.  Besides the fact that it gives me a chance to create something new, it also is amazing to see other people's creativity come through in what they are looking for.  Plus there is such an amazing feeling that I get when I make something for someone that makes them happy.  I actually feel like an artist when I get to do this.  :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Well you should feel like an artist, you are definitely engaged in artistry!

    I kind of like that amethyst. It looks like something a really smart and loving husband would get for his wife. Lucky woman!

    Very nice pieces. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That amethyst is one that has quickly become a favorite of a lot of my fans :) He really had a great eye when he picked out that stone. She is a lucky woman for sure!!

    And thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete