Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Take time to smell the coffee and my crazy day

When you are a night owl, mornings are a real bummer! Thank God for coffee!!!

Today is the last day of school for my oldest until January.  Which means school party this afternoon.  Which means as mom, I must go to the school today.  Now I know that this might seem a bit strange to some, but that is not something I really look forward to. 

Sometimes I wish I was more like my mom was when I was a kid.  She was involved with everything I did.  At least that is how it seemed to me.  I just can't seem to get involved.  Part of it is the parents, part of it is the kids.  I've only been back in this area for a few years and most of my friends here either have older kids, no kids, or kids at other schools.  And I swear, it is like high school there with the parents, and there are all sorts of cliques, none of which I want to be a part of nor do I feel welcome in (part of my reason for not wanting to be a part of).  Does that make me a bad mom?  And then there are the kids.  My daughter doesn't have very many friends.  She is having a real hard time at school and I have to be honest, seeing the kids avoid her or be mean to her to my face makes me want to smack the snot out of them, and their parents. 

Guess I need another cup of coffee to get me in a better frame of mind for the day.  Deep breath, let the warm smell take me over, and okay...I am good.

Sorry...I am not by any means a violent person, and no, I would never smack the snot out of any kid (at least I hope I am never pushed to that extreme lol).  And I know that most of what my daughter has to deal with was brought on by herself.  But geesh!  These kids are in the 2nd grade and already nasty little things.

Alright, enough on that subject.  Want today to be a good day so better prepare my "happy face" and put on my big girls panties and just suck it up.

Well went to the party and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Gracie had fun with Abby there.  And she was really, really good while we were there.  I was a bit shocked since she gets in trouble for acting out all the time that she was pretty mellow.  Not like some of the kids that were screaming, tearing their clothes off each other (I heard one little girl saying "you are showing my boobies" over and over and sure enough...) and running in and out of the class room...all in front of their parents.  So maybe my kid isn't so bad after all.  LOL

After the party it was time to have a little Christmas time with my Nana's caregiver at my folks house.  I tell you what, that woman is a saint.  She has become such a part of the family, and all that she does for my Nana is just amazing. 

Then home to work on things while Abby napped and Gracie stayed at my folks.  Got several things listed...and three things sold!  Yay me!!  Then I caught a quick cat nap with Abby and woke up to find my hubby home unloading groceries (oh thank you dear hubby for saving me that trip!!).  Spent the rest of the evening doing all the fun things I'm sure you'd love to hear all about...laundry folding, putting dishes away, etc.  And then my fave time of the evening....checking out the deals with my suppliers and placing orders.  (Awwwwwwwwwwwww.......gems!!!)

Here are a couple things I got listed today (first one sold already!)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89040829/lush-spiritual-genuine-amethyst-and-925
http://www.etsy.com/listing/88183602/lush-crystal-dreams-feminine-quartz

1 comment:

  1. Ah the mother's cliques at schools. My wife went through the same ordeals. She would show up to volunteer at the kids functions and the snotty bitches from the big new yuppie developments would poop their pants trying to find some menial and isolated task for her. She continued to volunteer a lot longer than I would have, but at some point it was just for the distinct pleasure of irritating the hoity toity cliques.

    ReplyDelete